Senior Health & Safety Consultant
£450 per day (outside IR35)
Irwin and Colton have partnered with a Global leader in the Chemicals Manufacturing industry to recruit a Senior Health & Safety Consultant on a circa 6-month contract. The health and safety team team have a number of new staff members joining the department over the coming months and requires an individual to continue providing key HSE business support over the course of the transition.
The successful candidate will provide HSE support to projects as a client representative, lead and deliver HSE improvement activity as well as some ad-hoc vendor audits.
The responsibilities of the Senior Health & Safety Consultant will be:
- Monitor Key performance indicators across projects, identifying areas for improvement and providing solutions to ensure best practice
- Provide support to project teams and managing contractors on compliance requirements, site visits, oversight of 3rd party contractor for SHE delivery
- Providing ad hoc support for safety audits, in line with audit plan and associated protocols, coaching others in audit good practice
- Lead and deliver SHEQ improvement activity by providing support to the SHEQ Manager and wider dept. through delivery of agreed improvement activities.
The successful Senior Health & Safety Consultant will have:
- Proven Operational experienceworking within petrochemical sites, or other related industries
- Demonstratable experience working within a fast-paced environment in a highly-regulated industry
- NEBOSH or NVQ Diploma qualified, and ideally hold CMIOSH
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant Health and Safety legislation
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional and forward-thinking organisation and develop your career further. If the role is of interest, please contact Tom Hewat on or 01923 432 637.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.