EHS, Fire and Compliance Consultant | 6-12 Month Contract (Potential for extension)
Circa £400 per day (outside IR35)
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a leading manufacturer in the automotive industry to recruit an EHS, Fire and Compliance Consultant. The organisation requires an individual with experience in Building and Fire Safety to work on a range of initiatives conducting gap analysis, developing, and implementing new policies, procedures, risk assessments and improvements to their management systems.
Responsibilities for the EHS, Fire and Compliance Consultant:
- Support EHS strategy and tactics for fire, statutory compliance, and occupational hygiene.
- Ensure statutory training requirements are met, and specialist risk assessments are undertaken and actioned.
- Carrying out gap analysis and identifying training gaps, implementing them.
- Develop and write new health and safety risk assessments, operating procedures and training materials as part of a new and improved health and safety programme.
- Assist with the implementation of new management systems.
- Work closely with area managers across the company providing support where needed to ensure projects are delivered on time.
The successful EHS, Fire and Compliance Consultant will have:
- Proven experience in a similar a consultancy role, ideally from within an industrial environment, such as manufacturing
- Proven experience relating to fire safety and explosive atmospheres
- Relevant health and safety qualifications, ideally at Diploma level and IOSH membership
- Experience with management systems, writing risk assessments, policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
This is an excellent contract opportunity, working on a range of interesting initiatives aiming to improve safety and compliance. For more information and to apply please contact Tom Hewat on or 01923 432 637
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.