Your new company
You will be working for a high-profile, thriving company where everyone is instrumental in driving the business to the next chapter.
Your new role
This role will form part of the Health and Safety leadership team for the company and will oversee all aspects of SHEQ for the business, reporting directly to the COO and HR Director. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide leadership and management for safety, health, quality, environmental ensuring full regulatory compliance, supporting and advising the business on all aspects of SHEQ
- To support line management in delivering SHEQ objectives.
- Determining the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement SHEQ management programme and systems.
- Providing advice to line management and assisting with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors.
- Complete and oversee prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained effectively and to prompt timescales.
- To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated in line with company protocols.
- To develop a monthly SHEQ Communication Strategy for the business to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
- Initiating and coordinating the H&S training plan and updating information for personal, audit and safety critical requirements.
- Advising line management on health, safety, quality and environmental matters and managing to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
- Facilitating all forms of risk assessment, e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations, working with specialist providers as required.
What you\'ll need to succeed
The successful SHEQ Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within a similar industry where safety critical roles are significant to the delivery of the business, i.e. Construction
- NEBOSH and / or relevant environmental qualifications and membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. IOSH, IEMA)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environment legislation
- A suitable qualification in the SHEQ field.
What you\'ll get in return
In return, you will receive a wide range of generous company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.