Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
Midlands | circa £60,000 + Electric Car & Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a Unique Specialist Contractor to recruit their new Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality. This organisation are looking for a creative, innovative individual with new ideas, who can drive a behavioural change program and ensure their health and safety program continues to deliver to the highest standard.
This individual will be required to lead by example, being visible across the organisation from site level to the Boardroom, working both operationally and strategically.
Responsibilities for the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will include:
- Working with the Board and senior stakeholders to develop and continually refine the health and safety strategy
- Leading the Health and Safety team ensure the successful delivery of the strategy on site
- Influencing, engaging and coaching key internal and external stake holders to drive change
- Conducting major health and safety incident investigations to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for health and safety improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality candidate will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- A NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
- Experience with innovative across health and safety, wellbeing and behavioural programs
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Job ref KG
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.