Head of Health and Safety
Commercial Estates Group (CEG)
Leeds / Yorkshire-based |Circa £80,000 plus car allowance
Irwin and Colton have partnered with Commercial Estates Group (CEG) to lead the recruitment for their new Head of Health and Safety. Over the last 30+ years, CEG has grown exponentially, with offices in London, Leeds, Birmingham, and Cornwall. The organisation owns and manages an extremely high £multimillion portfolio across a huge range of projects within the likes of retail, mixed-use, commercial offices, and residential.
This role will lead on the strategy and operational management of health and safety across their portfolio, working closely with the wider FM, Projects, Operations, and Sustainability team. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead health and safety in a professional and dynamic working environment.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Strategically lead a culture of best practice health and safety across the business and property portfolio, ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide expert guidance and leadership to the Board of Directors and engage with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Ensure activities across the portfolio are properly managed, risk assessed and regularly audited to evaluate performance
- Develop and manage the ISO-management systems, seeking opportunities to improve and enhance the overall Health and safety strategy
- Influencing and engaging internal staff across projects, as well as external contractors based on construction/development plans and initiatives
The successful Head of Health and Safety will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within property, the built environment, Facilities (or a related industry)
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and coaching across all levels of the organisation, from contractors on site to the boardroom
- NEBOSH Diploma / BSc in Occupational Safety and Health (or equivalent)
- Membership of a professional body (e.g IOSH) Chartership of IOSH (or working towards)
The right candidate must be happy with consistent travel across the entire UK portfolio, covering areas such as Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham, Cornwall, and more.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established property company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.