Health and Safety Manager
Manchester | £60,000 + Car Allowance & Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are pleased to be engaged by a major Principal Contractor who turnover circa £1.5bn to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This role will be responsible for driving a positive safety culture across one of their major construction projects in the area. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and motivated health and safety professional looking to further develop and grow their career with a leader in the construction and civil engineering industry.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager include:
- Planning health and safety throughout the project, from mobilisation through to delivery
- Assessing upcoming challenges and ensuring health and safety solutions are in place
- Being site based to assist, advise and coach contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the project and wider organisation
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role from within the construction industry, ideally within civil engineering
- Minimum of NEBOSH Certificate, and ideally achieved or working towards the NEBOSH Diploma
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to learn, develop and grow in the role
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Job Ref: KG2709.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.