Health and Safety Manager
Cardiff | £60,000 + Car or Car allowance + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a major principal contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The company is one of the highest profiles in the UK and is responsible for the UK's most well-known developments. They have an excellent track record of health and safety performance and this role is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but continually improved and developed.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Planning health and safety throughout the development, assessing upcoming challenges and ensuring health and safety solutions are in place
- Working with the procurement team to ensure robust health and safety systems are embedded into the process
- Visiting site, assisting, advising and coaching contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry, ideally from a Principal Contractor
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- Ideally hold or working towards NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally the relevant member of IOSH
- Experience with innovative occupational health, wellbeing and behavioral programmes
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Elizabeth Ferguson on or 01923 433 215. Ref EPF2615
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company based in the Southeast of England, recruiting across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director, through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.