Job Title – Health, Safety and Environment Advisor Salary - £32,000 – £39,000 per annum + benefit packageLocation - Bow, East London
Exclusively representing a leading, UK based, Food manufacturing company to source a HSE Advisor for their large and complex manufacturing facility in East London. Seeking a passionate and people centric HSE Advisor to provide hands on HSE support alongside an experienced HSE Manager (based on site). This position is perfect for a strong officer or advisor who is very driven in their career who is able to hit the ground running for this 24/7 site. The successful candidate would be able to translate the technical HSE elements to usable, simple solutions with the involvement and support of the workforce.
This particular company can offer exposure to a variety interesting projects, chance to take accountability of certain areas of the business and enable you to put your own stamp on the site. Offering professional support, guidance and mentorship from likeminded peers and a network of more experienced HSE practitioners across the group to ensure professional growth and further personal progression within the wider organisation. Main responsibilities:
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Be visible on the factory floor, approachable and to take the lead for HSE on a day-to-day basis offering simple, practical and usable advice.
- Promote a positive HSE culture on site, support the sites understanding through education and drive accountability for Health, Safety and Environment downwards.
- Support and also take the lead on relevant projects on site alongside the HSE Manager
- Responsible for training and toolbox talks across the site
- Maintain and develop the Health, Safety and Environment systems ensuring alignment to current and new legislations as well as company standards.
- Lead risk assessments and take the lead on audits and inspections
- Support the management of investigation of accidents and incidents, focusing on root cause.
Ideal personality traits:
- NEBOSH Certificate or completed HSE apprenticeship scheme
- Hand on in their approach to HSE
- Fast paced manufacturing experience but ideally Food or Beverage
- Self-motivated and engaging able to gain buy in at all levels
- Practical and “out of the box” thinker
- Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
- Able to coach, mentor and educate others
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.