Health and Safety Manager Manchester £46,000 - £50,000 plus excellent benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a local government authority to hire a new Health and Safety Manager. This position is tasked with managing a team of health and safety professionals and supporting the Head of Health & Safety. The role will include providing organisational assurance, health and safety, and leadership support across the organisation. It is an excellent opportunity for an established, Chartered health and safety professional to continue developing their career.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Providing expert practical and technical leadership and delivering objectives across the organisation, whilst supporting the Head of Health & Safety
- Delivering new initiatives and collaborating with the Occupational Health Manager to ensure the wellbeing within the workforce is optimal
- Leading on the responsibility with the implementation and development of ISO management systems, such as ISO45001
- Leading on serious health and safety related incidents, preparing reports and recommendations on corrective action and ensure compliance, and this includes identifying trends to mitigate risk through technical data analytics
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Chartered Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH)
- BSc in Occupational Health and Safety or NEBOSH / NCRQ National Diploma (or equivalent)
- The ability to develop and implement effective health and safety strategies, policies, and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of senior stakeholders and the capability of training non-health and safety professionals within an organisation
Local Government or related experience would be ideal.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Oscar Dale at or call 01923 432673
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.