HSE Recruitment are working with a global manufacturing company who are looking for a HSE Manager who is proven in developing culture to take responsibility for two sites, one near Coventry and one near Birmingham Airport. If you have demonstrable experience in improving culture across EHS, within manufacturing then we want to hear from you.
There are strong processes and systems in place, including ISO 14001, 45001 and 50001 but it’s about developing culture, being able to analyse trends and know what to do with that information and implement change that the teams can get behind and that are pragmatic. The HSE team are there to facilitate and support the site on HSE matters but the ownership sits with the departments. We need someone who can continue to support the staff taking that ownership, not be just telling them what to do but getting them involved in decisions, facilitating sharing ideas and helping find ways to make things more streamlined etc. It’s also important that this role is visible and hands on, you’ve got to be confident on the shop floor and be able to hold your own and push back at times.
The role will be just as focused on environmental and sustainability, in particular waste and energy management, as it will with health and safety, in particular reducing accidents and near misses. You will be responsible for two sites with circa 1000 staff a healthy budget and a team of two HSE Coordinators.
What we are looking for:
• Above all, we are looking for someone dynamic and passionate about health and safety with a pragmatic approach to HSE. Someone with a coaching and mentoring approach who’s successfully delivered culture change.
• Experience in a Senior EHS role, managing safety on a large manufacturing site or multiple manufacturing sites.
• A minimum qualification of NEBOSH Certificate – experience and the right fit is the most important.
• Strong experience managing environmental and sustainability.
• Member of IOSH or other body to demonstrate CPD.
• Good experience with ISO 45001, 14001 and if possible 50001.
The role is paying up to £70,000 plus £4,800 car allowance, discretionary bonus, 8% pension and private healthcare and 25 days holiday in line with shut down periods. This is a Monday-Friday role with a 1pm finish on a Friday.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply or submit your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org