HSE Recruitment are working with a global manufacturing company who are looking for a HSE Coordinator who will play a pivotal role in improving Health, Safety and Environmental standards across the two sites- one in East Birmingham and the other near Coventry. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to the operations of a Global business on a large manufacturing site.
Under the support of a HSE Manager, your role as the coordinator is to facilitate and support the site on HSE matters but the ownership sits with the departments. You will work proactively with managers, supervisors and employees across all levels and help improve / sustain the HSE culture across the business. They have strong processes and systems in place, including ISO 14001, 45001 and 50001 but it’s about developing culture. It’s not about just telling them what to do but getting them involved in decisions, facilitating sharing ideas and helping find ways to make things more streamlined etc. It’s also important that this role is visible and hands on, you’ve got to be confident on the shop floor.
• Advise Management on HSE issues and ensure compliance with UK legislation.
• Monitor and report on HSE performance and collate and report monthly HSE statistics.
• Assist the HSE Manager with managing the HSE committee meetings.
• Co-ordinate risk assessment schedule and risk reduction measures.
• Undertake HSE audits, prepare action plans and track progress.
• Deliver general HSE training to all levels of employee, including at induction.
• Assist the HSE Manager in implementing the Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental Policies across the plant.
• Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of a health & safety roadmap / action plan for the Plant
• Assist line managers to investigate accidents / incidents in a timely manner and ensure any subsequent corrective actions are identified, valid, and implemented.
• Assist line managers in implementing health & safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting, manual handling, LOTO and control of substance hazardous to health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner.
What we are looking for:
• An experienced HSE Advisor, Officer or Coordinator.
• NEBOSH Certificate qualified.
• Experience working within a manufacturing business.
• ISO 14001 and 45001 auditing experience is desired
• Excellent communication skills.
• High level of diplomacy and the ability to relate to people in all types of positions.
• Good operational knowledge of PC applications and Microsoft.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload.
• Excellent influencer of people.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply or submit your CV directly to email@example.com