Head of Health and Safety (Construction)
London | £90,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton has been engaged by a major Principal Contractor to recruit a Head of Health and Safety. The company is currently completing a broad range of major construction and civil engineering projects, including major commercial projects and high-rise apartment blocks. This role is focused on leading the health and safety agenda for one of their business units which turnover circa £900m.
Specifically, this organisation is looking for a creative, innovative, individual with new ideas, particularly around health and safety strategy, which can ensure their award-winning safety programme continues to deliver to the highest standard. It is essential candidates for this role have a proven track record of engaging and influencing senior management, ideally at board level.
Responsibilities for the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Working with the Health and Safety Director to develop and continually refine the health and safety strategy
- Leading the Health and Safety Team ensuring the delivery of the strategy on site
- Influencing, engaging and coaching key internal and external stake holders to implement change
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Head of Health and Safety candidate will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- A NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and Chartership of IOSH
- Experience with innovative occupational health, wellbeing, and behavioural programmes
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. The position will require the ability to travel regularly to site. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Ref KG 2609.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.