Job Title - HSE Site Manager
Salary - £50,000 per annum
Benefits - £5,500 car allowance, 7.5% bonus, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, Additional holiday buy available, Private Healthcare, matching pension plus life assurance and income protection, company discount scheme, online benefits and information platform, free parking onsite.
Reporting to Head of Health Safety and Environment and a dotted line to the Factory Manager - this role sits within the SLT and wider UK HSE Team for the company
Are you a passionate, engaging and proactive Health, Safety and Environmental Professional and a genuine leader? Do you want to influence, develop and improve safety standards, drive cultural and behavioural improvements across a fast paced food manufacturing site? If so, this is the job for you! Main responsibilities:
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Be a key part of the site Leadership Team and a key influencer to ensure that the site is achieving legislative compliance, zero losses and developing a safety culture through engagement and capability building of our colleagues.
- Manage a site a Facilities Coordinator daily to ensure site procured services and goods are maintained and managed, administration requirements are delivered on time and ongoing coaching and development is supported.
- Supporting the implementation of company Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policy and embedding ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 requirements through the implementation and embedding of the companies work system and HSE Pillar at site level and supporting the interaction between capital management process and Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- As part of the site Leadership team responsibility for the delivery of site targets
- Responsibility for Site Senior Management understanding & implementation of all Group and HSE Policies & Standards
- Be actively involved in and contribute to all centrally driven HSE initiatives
- KPI management for the sites HSE data trending to influence a site wide focus
- Support with the Training of colleagues in HSE procedures and methods.
- Support through coaching and capability building accident and incident investigations to ensure that both corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented.
- Interface with the Regulatory Authorities and Insurers on key matters such as Fire Risk Assessments, RIDDOR reporting, Emergency Planning, Discharge consents & Improvement Plans as required
- Risk profiling and Risk management based on site Risk assessments, including for example Fire, Machinery Safety, DSEAR, and Maintenance.
- Support production of risk assessments and development of safe systems of work.
- Play a key part of improving overall performance at site as a key member of the site Leadership Team
- Manage Employee Liability claims in conjunction with Insurers to minimise cost to company and reduce the number of claims ongoing.
- Engage, communicate and be proactive and visible to support the site improvements in Health, Safety and Environment, behaviours, and culture
- Manage site HSE Budget and, delivery of annual HSE Capital spend
- Conduct internal HSE and Energy audits to ensure legal compliance and develop annual plans to support reduction of risk and continuous improvement in HSE and Energy.
Ideal personality traits
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Fast paced manufacturing experience but ideally Food or Beverage
- Cultural change and improvement of behaviours
- Able to influence others with gravitas and gain buy in at all levels
- Positive and proactive approach to HSE
- Confident, self-motivated and ambitious
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration email@example.com // 0121 454 5000. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.