Health and Safety Manager
£60,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a high-profile Principal Contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join the team. This role will join the health and safety team on a major data center project in Hertfordshire. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety professional who is looking to develop their career further with a leader in the industry whose turnover exceeds five hundred million pounds.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging across the site, implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation through mentoring, coaching and developing contractors
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, ideally with mechanical and electrical industry experience.
- Holds NEBOSH Construction and ideally working towards Diploma level.
- Ideally a minimum accreditation of graduate level of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
This role would suit an ambitious health and safety professional looking to further grow and develop their career. A UK Driver's license is essential. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Callum Wilson on 01923 432 677 or use reference CW2590
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.