UK HSEQ Lead
Job Reference: SDX/TP/RF9755/ER
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: £60,000pa to £63,000pa + excellent bonus & benefits package
Closing Date: 11/12/2023
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity available for a UK HSEQ Lead to join one of our flagship global strategic accounts. Based in London this role will involve significant UK travel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing, deploying, leading and assuring all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance functions, with significant focus on food safety and compliance. You will focus on leading the UK account HSEQ teams, managing the Compliance and permit teams whilst implementing, managing and maintaining a QA System that is structured and in line with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 (and ISO 45001 Standards).
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. You will join a first-class team working in partnership with a top corporate client.
When you join Sodexo you truly belong, you will have the opportunity to thrive with career and learning opportunities available across the organisation - we cant wait for you to join us!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the UK account HSEQ team
- Manage the Compliance and permit teams in London
- Manage the (London) site permit to work management system, the process and it’s implementation at site level.
- Implement, manage and maintain a QA System that is structured and in line with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 (and ISO 45001 Standards)
- Ensure all statutory and mandatory inspection and service records (London) are in place, up to date, properly managed at site level and recorded in client CAFM system.
- Produce regional (UK) health and safety strategy and plan that develops a positive safety culture bespoke to the contract and aligned with the global strategic plans and direction.
- Monitor legislative developments and industry initiatives and requirements
- Identify and develop appropriate interventions (systems, policies, training, etc) to close out identified gaps. Embrace innovation as a tool to achieve this.
For a full list of responsibilities please view the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
What you bring:
- Post graduate certificate in HSE
- National H&S qualification (NVQ Level 5/6 or equivalent)
- Membership of IOSH, CIEH Etc.
- Detailed knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Experience of Food Safety / HACCP
- Experience of working within a high profile organisation.
- Experience of Implementing safety and quality systems (OHSAS 18001; ISO 9001; IS 14001)
- Good organisational /communication skills, able to lead a small team
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Self motivated and able to motivate others
- Proven recent experience Risk Management and Business Continuity
- Fluent English speaker
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Internal HSE auditor experience
- Experience of Hard and Soft FM contracts
- Energetic, keen and results driven