Senior Health and Safety Manager
Salary: Circa £50,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are delighted to be engaged by one of the UK's leading Universities to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Manager. This position will be responsible for the Faculty of Science and Engineering with 3 direct reports and will report to the Associate Director of Health and Safety.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Supporting in the implementation of the University Health and Safety Strategy and Plan
- Providing health and safety support across the Institution, particularly within the science and engineering departments
The successful Senior Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, ideally from within scientific research, Universities, containment facilities, or similar environment
- Bioscience or biology background is desirable
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (and relevant IOSH membership)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional looking to progress their career further in a successful leading organisation. Please contact Jessica Orr on or 01923 432 689 to apply and for further details.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.