Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
London | Up to £85,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a Large Utility Services organisation who primarily operate within the Water sector as Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality. This organisation works on a range of major framework projects and have a great track record of successful delivery. This is an excellent opportunity to head up the SHEQ function in a well-established organisation.
Responsibilities for the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will include:
- Working with the senior team communicating and ensuring the implementation of the health and safety strategy across the organisation, with a strong focus on gaining key stakeholder engagement
- Leading the Health and Safety team ensuring the successful delivery of the strategy across the organisation
- Influencing, engaging, and coaching internal and external stake holders to drive positive change
- Conducting major health and safety incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for SHEQ improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within Utilities, Civil Engineering, Construction, or Infrastructure.
- A NEBOSH or NVQ qualification, at or above certificate level (or equivalent)
- The ability to influence and engage a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance, and regulations
This is an excellent opportunity for a health and safety professional to further develop their career. This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Kristian Gribble at or on +44(0) 1923 432 690 or apply here. Job Ref KG: 2560.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.