Relocation support available
The role of the HSEQ Supervisor is to supervise and manage the HSEQ department’s resources as directed by the HSEQ manager. To act as a focal point for all HSEQ requirements governing Lochaber operations and make necessary provisions for them when preparing procedural documentation such as health and safety/quality plans, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure that all HSE standards are met across the business units.
- Advise the HSEQ Manager and communicate to the department on changes to legislation that affect the environmental responsibilities, safety, health and welfare of its employees and those people who may be affected by their activities.
- Line management responsibilities for HSE specialists.
- Promote a positive HSEQ culture in the HSEQ department and demonstrate visible leadership including showing personal involvement and always setting a good personal example.
- Facilitate inspections of departments and Lochaber premises and ensure that all relevant regulations and procedures are being observed.
- Develop, implement, and maintain HSEQ policies and procedures in line with the latest regulations and best practices.
- Develop and deliver training and awareness sessions for employees on HSE topics.
- Act as a lead investigator for high potential or serious incidents, ensuring preventative actions are taken.
- Collaborate with management and department heads to drive HSE initiatives.
- Stay updated with the latest HSE regulations and industry best practices.
- Act as subject matter expert on HSE topics to assist with COMAH and regulatory related compliance as required.
- Maintain compliance with relevant industry standards (ISO, ASI).
- Monitor the operation of the HSEQ Policy and the Management System. Advise and assist in its amendment and updating, as often as necessary.
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Business HSEQ Objectives and Targets for the current year.
- Maintain close co-operation with the Estates, ensuring support and allocation of recourses.
Person Specification & Experience
- Organisational Skills: Posses personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key.
- Communication Skills: Highly effective in management of diverse personalities, cultures and viewpoints. Possesses high emotional intelligence, the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others.
- Industrial Acumen: Be able to understand the industry of the company finances, its resources and its ultimate aims of the company towards achieving ALVANCE’s and GFG’s objectives. Be a reliable influencer in the operational decision-making process.
- Technical Ability: Highly numerate and able to quickly identify a range of technical solutions to site process problems. Proven ability to solve complex problems.
- Role Modelling: As a contributing member of the company, demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of ALVANCE and GFG Alliance.
- Professional Expertise: Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of high hazard risk and safety management and technical safety. Experienced in developing process solutions.
- Coaching and Mentoring: The ability to mentor team members and develop their skills in ALVANCE and GFG.
- Trust: Be a trusted confidante, unafraid of giving your opinions and expertise on a regular basis.
Key Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Responsibilities
- Comply with ALVANCE’s and GFG’s HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Participate in Incident Management Team.
- Always assess the risks and work in a safe manner.
- Be fit to work on an industrial facility.
- Robustly implement health and safety rules, instructions and systems and refuse to undertake work that compromises your safety or health.
- Report in a timely manner all incidents including near miss and safety observations, accidents and injuries and raise any health and safety concerns with your line manager.
Situated in Fort William, in the Outdoor Capital of the UK, working for us comes with a host of benefits, including a competitive salary package. In addition, we provide 25 days of annual leave, 8 public holidays, and a bonus scheme. Our company also offers a pension contribution ranging from 4% to 9%, as well as AVIVA Life Assurance coverage equal to six times your salary. We provide options for BHSF Cash Health Care Plan or AVIVA Private Medical Insurance, along with a Dental Scheme.
To promote employee well-being, we have an onsite gym and offer access to various employee wellness initiatives, additionally providing an Employee Assistance Programme to support our employees' well-being. Furthermore, we offer an Education Support Grant of £1000 annually for each child in university. Our Cycle to Work Scheme encourages sustainable transportation, and we have an Employee Reward and Recognition Programme to acknowledge and appreciate our employees' contributions. We also offer an exciting range of Employee Discounts through an inclusive rewards system, which includes a salary sacrifice scheme, discounts both locally and nationally as well as cashback opportunities.
We truly value our employees and their well-being. Join our team and experience a supportive, fulfilling and rewarding work environment with excellent benefits, and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to know more about the position and wish to submit your application, kindly click on the "Apply" button and send us your CV along with a cover letter via email.