Relocation support available
The environmental specialist will provide the business with support to ensure compliance with all environmental legislation and site licences. They will provide advice and guidance, and assist with the obtaining of environmental consents, permits and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licenses and environmental permits. They will use their knowledge to drive the business forward by using sustainable practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the application, extension, amendment and monitoring of environmental permits.
- Collection and analysis of data to the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, local and statutory bodies as required.
- Vocal point for sustainability initiatives (carbon reduction, biodiversity net gain etc.) for the business.
- Provides technical and specialist Environmental support to site.
- Monitors compliance with statutory responsibilities, regulatory obligations and the business management system (ISO 14001:2015 and ASI).
- Development and promotion of environmental improvement and sustainability.
- Assists in development and implementation of environmental management plans, strategies, campaigns and improvement plans.
- Review and update the business management system documents as required and communicate changes effectively to the business.
- Undertake audits and inspections, record findings, advise site and line management as appropriate and conduct follow up, ensuring nonconformities or actions have been completed within designated timescales.
- Conduct incident investigation to identify root cause and recommendations to prevent re-occurrence, produce and manage incident reports in designated timescale.
- Complete and review month end, quarterly and year end reports in a timely manner.
Person Specification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in environmental science or relevant field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
- Aptitude to solve problems quickly with advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
Situated in Fort William, in the Outdoor Capital of the UK, working for us comes with a host of benefits, including a competitive salary package. In addition, we provide 25 days of annual leave, 8 public holidays, and a bonus scheme. Our company also offers a pension contribution ranging from 4% to 9%, as well as AVIVA Life Assurance coverage equal to six times your salary. We provide options for BHSF Cash Health Care Plan or AVIVA Private Medical Insurance, along with a Dental Scheme.
To promote employee well-being, we have an onsite gym and offer access to various employee wellness initiatives, additionally providing an Employee Assistance Programme to support our employees' well-being. Furthermore, we offer an Education Support Grant of £1000 annually for each child in university. Our Cycle to Work Scheme encourages sustainable transportation, and we have an Employee Reward and Recognition Programme to acknowledge and appreciate our employees' contributions. We also offer an exciting range of Employee Discounts through an inclusive rewards system, which includes a salary sacrifice scheme, discounts both locally and nationally as well as cashback opportunities.
We truly value our employees and their well-being. Join our team and experience a supportive, fulfilling and rewarding work environment with excellent benefits, and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to know more about the position and wish to submit your application, kindly click on the "Apply" button and send us your CV along with a cover letter via email.