Relocation support available
The HSEQ specialist provides advice on health, safety, environment, and quality matters whilst assisting managers to minimise risk. Developing, creating, maintaining and improving the HSEQ standards across the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting managers, supervisors, and employees on a range of specialist areas including but not limited to risk management, environment, hazardous substances, noise, manual handling, vibration, occupational hygiene and quality controls.
- Assist and support management and departments to ensure compliance with company requirements, procedures, government health and safety, environment legislation and regulations.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies, HSE, SEPA and any other appropriate organisation as required.
- Participate in investigation and analysis of incidents, near misses and contribute to corrective actions.
- Support departmental training and development regarding health, safety and environmental responsibilities whilst looking for areas for improvement and strengthening the HSE culture.
- In participation with departmental managers conduct, review and update risk assessments.
- Contributing to the ongoing management of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 certifications.
- Carry out internal audits and support external HSE, SEPA and certification bodies audits.
- Compile and provide reports for the business and departments including supporting the development of statistics, targets, and objectives as required.
- Carry out health, safety, environment and quality training and inductions as required.
Person Specification & Experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- ISO auditor qualification – ideally lead auditor trained.
- Previous experience in an HSEQ position in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Understanding of ISO management systems standards, ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Strong level of competence in literacy, numeracy, IT skills and data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally audiences.
Rewards & Benefits
Situated in Fort William, in the Outdoor Capital of the UK, working for us comes with a host of benefits, including a competitive salary package. In addition, we provide 25 days of annual leave, 8 public holidays, and a bonus scheme. Our company also offers a pension contribution ranging from 4% to 9%, as well as AVIVA Life Assurance coverage equal to six times your salary. We provide options for BHSF Cash Health Care Plan or AVIVA Private Medical Insurance, along with a Dental Scheme.
To promote employee well-being, we have an onsite gym and offer access to various employee wellness initiatives, additionally providing an Employee Assistance Programme to support our employees' well-being. Furthermore, we offer an Education Support Grant of £1000 annually for each child in university. Our Cycle to Work Scheme encourages sustainable transportation, and we have an Employee Reward and Recognition Programme to acknowledge and appreciate our employees' contributions. We also offer an exciting range of Employee Discounts through an inclusive rewards system, which includes a salary sacrifice scheme, discounts both locally and nationally as well as cashback opportunities.
We truly value our employees and their well-being. Join our team and experience a supportive, fulfilling and rewarding work environment with excellent benefits, and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to know more about the position and wish to submit your application, kindly click on the "Apply" button and send us your CV along with a cover letter via email.