Longleat is seeking a professional and knowledgeable Health and Safety Officer to join our team in a new role, that will offer a great opportunity for personal and professional growth.
With a core business of around 1 million guests every year, we are passionate about providing immersive experiences that bring family and friends together to create memories that will last a lifetime. In this unique work environment, you will be surrounded by historic landscapes and listed buildings, and even have the opportunity to visit Koalas during your lunch break. We have also recently added exclusive luxury rural retreats to our offerings, giving guests the chance to enhance their visit with us.
This is an operational hands-on role with the aim to improve the health and safety culture across two sites, Longleat and Cheddar Gorge and Caves.
What will this role entail?
Reporting to the Health, Safety & Compliance Manager, you’ll will be responsible for facilitating and promoting compliance with occupational health & safety legislative requirements and company policy and procedures.
Key duties will include:
- Develop and promote a positive health and safety culture across the business.
- Produce site based central risk assessments and complete equipment inspections and progress any recommendations that arise.
- Support departments with the creation and review of their risk assessments and equipment inspections.
- Log and review incident reports and near misses on the central database and support with investigations where required.
- Provide internal H&S training to managers and staff and co-ordinate external training.
What will I need to be considered for this vacancy?
- 2 years of experience as a Safety Officer or similar role
- Up to date and practical knowledge of H&S legislation
- Full driving licence
- Experience of conducting site inspections and incident investigation
- Experience of writing and reviewing risk assessments
- Experience in hospitality, retail, facilities environment
- Excellent communication skills
- NEBOSH general certificate or to work towards is desirable
What will I receive in return?
As a Health and Safety officer you will receive a salary of between £24,000 - £30,000 per annum in addition to a range of attractive benefits that include;
- 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 31 days at 5 years’ service.
- Unlimited free entry to Longleat for our employees
- Complimentary tickets to Longleat and Cheddar Gorge and Caves, 18 per annum pro rata
- 50% off Annual passes for Friends and Family
- Discounts on food and beverages and retail merchandise
- 20% off VIP Experiences, 10% off Accommodation
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Perks at work
This is a permanent 40 hour contract, working 5 days out of 7, including weekends, evening and bank holidays as required. The earliest start time is 8am, and the latest finish time is 8pm, varying in accordance with opening times.