The Housing Executive is now recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team.
Directorate: Corporate Services
Reports to: Assistant Health & Safety Manager
Location: Housing Centre
The successful candidate will also be required to travel to other NIHE locations in Northern Ireland.
The Corporate Health & Safety Advisor role forms part of a Health & Safety Team, comprising both Corporate and Construction Health & Safety, providing Health & Safety training, information and guidance and across the organisation, on Policy and legislative requirements.
1. Possess a degree or equivalent level qualification (Level 6) or higher qualification in Occupational Health and Safety, or be able to demonstrate that they are currently progressing through a Level 6 Course and expect to complete within 12 months from commencement of the role.
2. Can demonstrate 3 years’ relevant experience in a Health & Safety Advisor/Officer role
3. Hold membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) relevant to their qualifications and experience.
4. Can demonstrate significant relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- Developing and reviewing a range of organisational health & safety documentation including risk assessments, safe systems of work, policies and procedures
- Reporting and investigating incidents, including RIDDOR reportable and liaising with statutory bodies such as HSENI
- Undertaking workplace inspections, writing reports and developing & monitoring completion of associated action plans
- Designing and delivering a range of Health & Safety Training
5. Can demonstrate:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
6. Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Can demonstrate experience within a large complex, multi-site organisation
For more information and to apply, please click the Apply button.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 28 th September 2023 at 4.30 pm