The Housing Executive is now recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager to join their team.
Directorate: Corporate Services
Grade: Level 8
Reports to: Assistant Director, Health & Safety Services
Location: Belfast, with some travel throughout Northern Ireland
As a Health & Safety Manager, you will ensure the effective and efficient management of the Corporate Health & Safety and Business Continuity/Emergency Planning Team, ensuring their complicance with legislation, principles, methodologies and frameworks.
1. Possess a NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent level Health & Safety qualification (Level 6).
2. Can demonstrate at least three years’ relevant experience managing health and safety; and Business Continuity and or Emergency Planning, at a senior level in a large multi-disciplinary organisation
3. i) Hold current Chartered Membership (CMIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH),
ii) Be able to provide evidence that you have commenced the Initial Professional Development Scheme (IPD) and will complete the Skills Development Portfolio and Peer Review interview within 12 months, from commencement of this role,
iii) Hold an equivalent level of professional body membership, which includes a requirement to demonstrate continuing professional development (CPD) e.g. International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
4. Can demonstrate significant relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- a) Leading and/or managing other staff to ensure organisational compliance with Health & Safety legislation and providing assurance to the relevant senior management Meetings/Committees.
- b) Developing, monitoring and implementing organisational Health & Safety and Emergency Planning and Business Continuity policies & procedures
- c) Leading, managing and developing an Emergency Planning (EP) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) function; this includes: - developing Business Continuity and Emergency Planning solutions and/or systems. - working interagency and with a range of key stakeholders to develop and agree Business Continuity and Emergency Planning solutions - facilitating workshops/scenario exercises to test the resilience of plans involving staff at all levels.
5. Can demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the legislation, principles, methodologies and frameworks relating to Health & Safety, Emergency Planning and Business Continuity functions
6. Can demonstrate:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure of multiple deadlines
- Ability to professionally represent the interests of the organisation
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- A successful track record in developing and maintaining productive working relationships
7. Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
Hold a relevant qualifications accredited by the Business Continuity Institute and/or the Emergency Planning College e.g.
Developing and Embedding Business Continuity Management
Effective Exercise Planning
Tactical & Strategic Emergency Management.
Membership of the Business Continuity Institute
Experience of working within local government or the public sector
For more information and to apply, please click the Apply button.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 28 th September 2023 at 4.30 pm