Health Safety and Environment Manager
We are Pilgrim’s Food Masters, part of the Pilgrim’s family since September 2021, (previously part of Kerry Foods) and we have a proud history of developing brilliant food for our customers and consumers that is enjoyed in millions of UK and Irish homes every year.
The wider Pilgrim’s company employs around 60,000 people across the globe and we’re one of the world’s biggest food companies. We aim to become the best and most respected company in our industry creating the opportunity of a better future for all our team members.
Our Pilgrim’s Food Masters portfolio includes famous brands that are some of the UK and Ireland’s favourites, such as Denny, Galtee, Richmond and Fridge Raiders. We are the UK’s biggest producer of prepared meals, making delicious chilled and frozen ready meals for every major supermarket in the UK. And our Accelerator business includes newer brands like Rollover Hot Dogs and Oakhouse Meals that target different consumer groups in unique ways.
We strive every day to make Pilgrim’s Food Masters a safe, healthy and happy place to work for all of our 4,500 employees. We will give full and equal consideration to all applicants regardless of age, gender, disability, race, religion and sexual orientation. Continuing to build a diverse workforce is fundamental to our business and we value the critical role it plays in creating a truly inclusive workplace.
To drive the delivery of the site strategy for Health, Safety & Environment. To ensure that the site is compliant with legislation and drive improvements through governance and initiatives. To use OPEX tools to help deliver HSE programme. Safety is a condition
- Build a strong safety culture across the site through strong people engagement and HSE initiatives.
- Reduce hazards, risks, and incidents by driving the Health & Safety agenda.
- Embrace “Go for Zero” by promoting positive behaviours, root causing near misses and coaching team to manage safety in their areas.
- Ensure compliance to legislation and Group requirements.
- Ensure that all team members have the appropriate training and resource to do their required task in a safe manner.
- Track, report and improve safety performance metrics.
- Complete accident investigations, escalate incidents and share learnings.
- To be the site lead for external authorities and services providers that have a direct impact on the environment (for example effluent treatment).
Health & Safety Strategy
- Create a strategic plan using the master schedule for all site HSE programmes, with regular GM and SLT review.
- Communicate the progress against targets regularly up and down the organisation ensuring that KPI’s are being maintained at the required rate.
- Build relationships and maintain strong communication across site and wider business.
- Drive compliance through the implementation of standards, including OPEX-Safety Management Standard and ISO140001.
- Build a high performing team
- Communicate regularly and ensure HSE goals and targets are cascaded through the site teams.
- Adopt appropriate OPEX tools and support a culture of learning. Ensure detailed training plans are in place for HSE programmes.
- Remove any obstacles which may prevent site teams from completing their roles effectively.
- Reward both successes and ideal behaviours when demonstrated and address any performance issues promptly and discretely.
- Set standards, raise standards, and confirm standard work across
- Use data analysis to make problems visible, quantifiable and to guide decisions.
- Use OPEX tools to support operations in getting to root cause.
- Deliver value for the business and for the customer
- Drive strong audit performance and improvement in standards.
- Manage projects in accordance with the site goals and gap up activity timelines.
- Deliver and measure Health, Safety and Environment KPIs and report monthly on time.
- Experience of leading audits for HSE standards.
- Strong knowledge of HSE legislation and ability to apply into the work place.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Natural coaching ability.
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Listens to others and builds trust among team members and colleagues.
- Sets stretch but deliverable goals
- Focused and decisive, do not get distracted away from the main business priorities.
- Be courageous, able to speak up even if it feels uncomfortable to do so and ask for help when an impasse is reached.
- Places a high importance on creating a culture of learning and development.
- Be open to change and supportive to the manufacturing teams.
- Live our values to an exemplary level.
Why Join Pilgrim’s Food Masters
Our values are at the heart of our business and drive everything we do. Availability is key as we are receptive and open and prepared to take on new challenges. Humility is important to us as we listen and respect each other and value opinions of others. Discipline is vital to fulfil commitment internally and externally. We need to be truthful to each other and respectful of other opinions, so Sincerity drives us. At Pilgrim’s we focus on what’s practical and important so through Simplicity, Ownership and Determination brings success. All these core values culminate into our vision which is: To be the best and most respected company in our industry, creating the opportunity of a better future for our team members.
We want you to have every opportunity to shine and show us your talents. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the assessment process works for you.