At DVLA, we encourage applications from everyone, particularly groups currently underrepresented in our workforce. We pride ourselves on the positive impact diversity has and promote inclusivity and equality of opportunity for all. Our recruitment process is anonymised, which means that your name, date of birth and other personal details will not be seen by the sift panel.
Do you have experience of working within a fast-paced health and safety role, and using your excellent interpersonal skills to effectively engage with stakeholders?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, motivated self-starter to join us, where no two days are the same.
If successful, you will be responsible for the development of key health and safety documentation within DVLA in line with our ongoing certification to the ISO45001 health and safety management framework, including health and safety policies, procedures and risk assessments. You will also actively monitor statutory compliance with legislation by conducting internal audits and produce accurate, factual reports on your findings for presentation to key stakeholders and senior management.
You will be our subject matter expert on all things health and safety, providing our internal customers with advice and guidance on the application of health and safety within the DVLA Estate.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out regular monitoring activities of services provided by the PFI provider, to address areas of statutory noncompliance and ensure that Health and Safety, Hard and Soft Services Teams maintain a joined-up approach in assuring compliance with statutory requirements
- Conducting internal audits against the ISO45001 Health and Safety Management Standard to assure continued compliance with health and safety requirements
- Interpreting and keeping up to date with knowledge of health and safety legislation for effective application within the Agency to ensure compliance
- Providing specialist advice, guidance and support on health and safety processes and procedures for staff at all levels within the DVLA Estate
- Undertaking accident, incident and near miss investigations to determine root causes and prevent recurrence.
- Providing specialist support as a subject matter expert for PI claims within the Agency.
For more information please see attached role profile.
This role will require travel between sites in Swansea and may require occasional travel throughout the UK.
Closing date: Monday 25th September 2023
Please click apply button to apply.