Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Stockport, Greater Manchester
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 plus excellent benefits
We've partnered with a leading global manufacturer of technology and engineering systems, to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager. The organisation has a large global footprint and this role is specifically responsible for a manufacturing and assembly facility in Greater Manchester. This role will lead on all Health, Safety and Environment activities across the site, reporting to the plant manager and with support from the global HSE team.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety & Environment Manager will include:
- Ensuring the site is compliant with both UK legislation and in line with wider global strategy for health, safety and environment
- Engaging across the site to drive improvement and engagement within health, safety and environment
- Auditing safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, operational staff and external regulators
- Leading on new initiatives and always seeking opportunities to improve and develop HSE
The successful Health, Safety & Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Ideally NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience of engaging with colleagues at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environment legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to take a leading role for HSE across this facility and join a world leading brand in their field. If the role is of interest, please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433289.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.