QHSE Manager Reporting Line:
Reports to the Director of Operations Location:
North West England Salary:
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
For over three decades, our client has specialized in crafting and upkeeping bespoke business environments. With a portfolio encompassing diverse businesses nationwide, our client's expertise lies in designing and overseeing distinctive spaces that truly optimize functionality.
Built on a foundation of trust, reliability, and care, our client extends beyond mere service provision, seamlessly integrating into their clients' architecture as an essential component, effectively becoming an extension of their teams.
In recent years, our client has experienced remarkable growth, and the Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental (QHSE) team has been pivotal in driving this expansion. With ambitious plans set for 2024, we are seeking an exceptional QHSE Manager to join this exceptional team and contribute to the company's secure advancement.About the Role:
As the QHSE Manager, you will take charge of QHSE leadership, management, and development across the entire operations team, surpassing operational QHSE and compliance standards. Your role entails spearheading all QHSE activities within the business, serving as the focal point for safety advocacy. You will provide the operations team and our clients with pertinent QHSE insights to guide proposed projects and maintenance undertakings, ensuring alignment with industry best practices and site quality benchmarks.
Additionally, your responsibilities include overseeing and reviewing high-risk activities (excluding those outside standard M&E safe systems of work, managed by the company's Authorising Engineer). You will serve as the subject matter expert and creator of site-specific regulations and procedures, aligned with your QHSE expertise. Ultimately, you will offer QHSE guidance and support to the broader business, as directed by the Director of Operations.Responsibilities:
- Lead QHSE service delivery, empowering the engineering team to achieve top-tier Mechanical and Electrical maintenance engineering standards.
- Enhance and adapt QHSE Management Systems to mitigate risks to both clients and the company.
- Understand the company's QHSE Management System for safety documentation, advising appropriate application across contracts.
- Handle reporting, investigation, and management of RIDDORs, Accidents, Incidents, and Near Misses as mandated by law.
- Ensure adherence to relevant client and company QHSE policies.
- Keep company staff aligned with company QHSE policies.
- Update QHSE systems to reflect changes in legislation or company policies.
- Implement and oversee vendor QHSE pre-qualification and onboarding requirements.
- Stay current with QHSE legislation developments, guiding company compliance efforts.
- Regularly review legislation and suggest changes to senior management.
- Integrate legal updates into the QHSE Management System as needed.
- Act as the primary point of contact for QHSE authorities, maintaining positive relations.
- Provide regular QHSE performance updates to management and clients.
- Develop the monthly QHSE Business Management Pack (BMP) report.
- Deliver QHSE presentations to the Director of Operations, covering various metrics and updates.
- Collaborate with sourcing and procurement teams to identify cost-saving opportunities related to QHSE.
- Propose economical equipment usage solutions and justify safety-related expenditures.
- Devise cost-effective strategies to control and prevent risks.
- Conduct routine site visits and QHSE audits, reporting findings and assisting with corrective actions.
- Analyze audit results to identify systemic risks and develop action plans.
- Ensure effective incident reporting via incident management systems.
- Engage with client QHSE teams, managing shared risks and expectations.
- Deliver formal monthly QHSE updates to client QHSE teams.
- Collaborate with client/account teams to set QHSE targets through KPIs.
- Support procurement in vendor onboarding and management, ensuring QHSE competence.
- Develop and update company policy documents to reflect standards and best practices.
- Manage and maintain existing and proposed company ISO accreditations.
- Formal management qualification in Health & Safety management (preferably degree level or equivalent), minimum NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- Additional formal management qualification in ESG preferred.
- Preferred experience in facility maintenance and management.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
- Experience working across different UK geographies.
- Working knowledge of ISO compliance and auditing.
- Experience in client contract environments with specific KPI performance measures.
- Practical experience collaborating with supply partners for integrated, safe, and compliant services.
- Familiarity with CAFM systems for asset and works planning.
- Proven ability to navigate complex QHSE challenges.
- Experience managing mobile engineering services in multi-site client environments.
- Competitive starting salary of £50,000 - £60,000 with annual pay reviews.
- Company car.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Clear paths for career progression.
- Hybrid working flexibility.
- Health care, life insurance, and medical insurance after qualifying period.