Regional Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Location: Birmingham/Banbury/Oxford area, with regional site travel
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 Plus £5,400 Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by one of the leading integrated waste management companies in the UK to recruit a Regional Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. The role is focused on promoting a positive health and safety culture and to improve health and safety performance across the company. This is a regional role covering multiple sites with an element of home working.
Responsibilities of the Regional Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will include:
- Assist in the establishment of health and safety requirements at sites and use experience and initiative to provide educated solutions
- Supporting site teams to help them meet company standards and procedures
- Regularly visiting sites, auditing health and safety performance seeking opportunities for improvement
- Supporting on the development and improvement of the ISO management systems 9001, 14001 and 45001
The successful Regional Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within chemical waste, chemical manufacturing or a related industry (COMAH experience or Chemistry/Engineering based Degree would be ideal but not essential)
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their field. A UK Driver's license is essential for this role. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Flynn on or call 01923 433 289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.