Health and Safety Manager (9-months FTC)
Salary: Circa £46,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are pleased to have engaged with a leading University to identify a new Health and Safety Manager to fulfill a maternity cover fixed term contract position. This University is well-recognised and highly regarded with a large estate portfolio and is well-known for its academic standards.
Health and safety is a top priority for the University and this role is focused on both consolidating the excellent work to date and helping to drive and develop the function further. This role will also report to the Head of Safety and will have 1 direct report.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Continuing to manage the development and delivery of health and safety across the University, ensuring this is fit for purpose and striving for best practice within different environments.
- Focusing on the delivery of opportunities to drive efficiency and modernise the health and safety function, including management systems.
- Supporting the wider team with training, identifying needs and developing and delivering health and safety training.
- Assisting Management with expert health and safety advice and knowledge to a range of senior stakeholders across the University.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role; ideally within an educational environment.
- NEBOSH General Certificate, ideally Diploma (GradIOSH)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a well-regarded academic institution and develop your career further. If the role is of interest, please contact Jessica Orr on 01923 432 689.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.