We've been engaged by a leading global logistics company, who turnover in excess of £5bn, to recruit a Health and Safety Improvement Manager. The role is focused on promoting a positive Health & Safety culture and improve health and safety performance across the company. This role has a dual focus of working with the Head of Health and Safety on distinct improvement projects in the health and safety function in addition to working with local sites and depots to drive health and safety performance
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking and progressive Health & Safety team who are always looking to continually improve and strive for best practice.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Improvement Manager will include:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture across the regional area, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Support, coach and advise sites teams to help them meet company standards and procedures
- Managing your own diary to visit sites; auditing health and safety performance
- Assist senior management with the implementation of new campaigns and company-wide initiatives
- Support the ongoing review and improvement of management systems in line with company policy
The successful Health & Safety Improvement Manager will have:
- Experience within logistics is not essential, however exposure to a similar risk profile would be useful.
- Hold or working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to health and safety
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Zoe Dunhill on +44(0) 1923 432 629 or apply here. Ref 2145
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.