Senior Health and Safety Manager
Reading or Warrington | Up to £65,000 + Great Car Allowance & Excellent benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged to a recruit a Senior Health and Safety Manager to work on one on a high-risk facility undergoing a major construction development. This role will be advising the client, providing expertise guidance and assurance on the project. As such, any experience with major construction projects would be ideal.
It is essential that the candidate has Developed Vetting (DV) clearance to be successful within the role.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Manager will include:
- Visiting site, assisting, and advising operational managers to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the Health and Safety strategy
- Auditing sites against Health and, Safety criteria
- Preparing and communicating HSE reports for the senior management team
- Leading on accident investigation and incident reporting and identifying the root cause
- Examining existing and new systems of work to identify any flaws or training requirements necessary to improve culture
The successful Senior Health and Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering or infrastructure
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging clients and contractors
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. Contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Job Ref: KG2130.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.