HSE Recruitment are proud to be working with the Government of Jersey to find them three Health and Safety Inspectors.
At just 5x9 miles, Jersey is the largest of the Channel Islands. It blends that familiar English environment with a dash of European flair to create a unique experience of rich countryside and breathtaking coastal views, sweeping beaches and hidden-away bays. It offers something for everyone. The opportunity to relocate here isn’t just the chance to live in a beautiful location but to be part of a community who are full of pride and passion, to work as part of a small collaborative team, to have the freedom to make decisions and to be on the pulse of what is happening in the area.
These opportunities have come up following two retirements in the team earlier this year. On the Island you will work as part of a team of 4 inspectors reporting into the Director of Health and Safety. You will be responsible for the delivery of the Health and Safety Inspectorate’s strategic policy and priorities to promote and ensure compliance with statutory standards for the working population of the Island, and others who may be affected by working activities, to ensure their health and safety. Where necessary enforce the relevant statutory provisions through the use of formal legal sanctions.
You won’t specialise in certain sectors or locations, as you would on mainland UK, so your days will vary across different industries. Thus giving you a lot more autonomy than in the UK and the ability to influence both on the political and legislative side, drive initiatives, writing your own guidance, creating website content and setting the priorities. You can get much more involved and can really make a difference here. A typical day starts and finishes in the office with site visits done throughout the day, which is one of the huge benefits of it being a small Island. You can build up relationships quickly whilst not compromising on your work life balance.What we are looking for:
What’s on offer?
- UK based candidates must hold the qualification ‘Specialist Post Graduate Diploma in Regulatory Occupational Health and Safety’, and either are or have been a Health and Safety Inspector in England, Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland or the Isle of Man. (we may even consider New Zealand and Australia)
- A comprehensive working knowledge of legal and technical policies and procedures relating to administration of criminal aw, including the Enforcement policy and Collecting Witness Evidence policy
- Driving License
- Proficient use of Microsoft packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt communication styles
- The ability to influence and persuade but also be assertive when required
- High level of integrity and respect for confidentiality
- £67,000-74,500 PA
- Relocation Package and support
- 24 days annual leave
- Pension Contributions for all new employees: 7.75% employee and 16% employer
- Cost of living differences compared to the UK plus a totally different lifestyle
If you feel your skills and experience match what we are looking for and you are interested in hearing more, do not hesitate to reach out on 0121 454 5000 or email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org