Health and Manager (Client-Side Highways)
- Irwin & Colton
- Birmingham, England, West Midlands
- Up to £70000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Health and Safety Advisor, Health and Safety Manager, Group Health and Safety Manager, SHEQ Advisor, SHEQ Manager, Environmental Health and Safety Advisor, Environmental Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Compliance Manager, Health and Wellbeing Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- IOSH Qualification
Health and Safety Manager (Client-Side Highways)
Circa £70,000 + Excellent benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to work on one of the UKs largest ongoing infrastructure projects. This role will work closely with National Highways focusing across one of their major framework projects. As such, any experience with Highways or Highways England would be beneficial.
This role will require the successful candidate to visit projects sites in Birmingham one day a week, the rest of the work can be completed from home or in an office, depending on personal preference.
Responsibilities of the Health and Manager will include:
- Visiting site, assisting, and advising operational managers to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the Health and Safety strategy
- Auditing sites against Health and, Safety criteria
- Preparing and communicating HSE reports for the senior management team
- Leading on accident investigation and incident reporting and identifying the root cause
- Examining existing and new systems of work to identify any flaws or training requirements necessary to improve culture
The successful Health and Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering, ideally highways or infrastructure
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging clients and contractors
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. Contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Job Ref: KG2089.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Irwin and Colton is a specialist recruitment company supporting health, safety, environment and sustainability professionals in creating a safe and sustainable future for the world. We recruit experienced HSE professionals from Advisor through to Director level, covering all industry sectors and working across the UK and internationally.
- 01923 432 633
Apply for Health and Manager (Client-Side Highways)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert