Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Billericay | £68,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a leading specialist construction support service and hire provider to recruit a Health, Safety and Compliance Manager. This role will be central to the businesses core function, leading on Safety, Health, and Compliance across the business. This role covers a diverse range of risks including a large vehicle fleet, major yard, mechanical workshop and construction site-based activities.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will include:
- Ensuring the implementation of health and safety policies and procedures across the organization
- Maintaining key ISO and industry accreditation including 14001, 45001 and 9001
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Engaging with senior managers, clients and external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical health and safety related enquires
- Continually developing and reviewing the health and safety management system in line with industry best practice
The successful Health, Safety and Compliance Manager candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, civil engineering or a related industry
- Ideally a NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ Level 5 (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Strong experience with construction accreditations and ISO systems
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance, and regulations
Experience with FORS would be an advantage.
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.