Health And Safety Manager
- West Suffolk Council
- Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- £48,587 - £54,826 per annum
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Public Sector
- Health and Safety Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
West Suffolk Council, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3YU
Health And Safety Manager
£48,587 - £54,826 per annum
Required as soon as possible.
West Suffolk is an innovative and ambitious council, and a great place to work.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Manager, who is a specialist expert to advise senior colleagues on opportunities and risks, to ensure we are delivering our corporate agenda and supporting a culture that focuses on Health and Safety. In addition, you will manage a small team who will support you in delivering Corporate Health and Safety.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will be someone who can demonstrate your skills, technical knowledge, and experience to deliver Health and Safety that is compliant with legislation, regulations and in line with best practice. You will be someone who is flexible and able to adapt to situations, good management skills, who is highly motivated, great with people and building relationships. You will be qualified with NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent and be a Chartered member of IOSH.
In return we offer our employees:
- agile working (ability to work in the office and from home) with work being an activity we do, not a place we go
- flexible working options to enable work/life balance
- a culture of learning inspiring staff to focus on continuous learning
- a range of Health and well-being initiatives including an employee assistance programme
- from April 2023 annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum (pro rata for part time) plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service (with an option to buy up to an additional 10 days annual each year subject to approval)
- a generous pension scheme (LGPS) including life assurance (a payment of three times your annual salary)
- discounted membership at Abbeycroft Leisure centres
- Salary sacrifice benefits including Cycle to Work scheme, Tusker Leased Car Scheme
- smarttech (buy the latest tech products interest free and spread the cost over your salary).
- modern office accommodation
- access to a unique employee benefits package which includes discounts and cashback on supermarkets, high street shops, holidays, mobile phones, electrical goods, savings and loan schemes and many other products and services.
To find out more:
For more information about West Suffolk Council as an employer please visit: https://recruitment.westsuffolk.gov.uk/why-work-for-us/
If this is a challenge that you are interested in, we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion and further information please contact Martin Hosker, Service Manager (Health and Safety) via email at: Martin.Hosker@westsuffolk.gov.uk
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website at: https://jobs.westsuffolk.gov.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d1321745RMs&WVID=2862770hWe&LANG=USA
We are also advertising for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor, which you can view on our website at: https://jobs.westsuffolk.gov.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d2988535Qvt&WVID=2862770hWe&LANG=USA If you are interested in applying for both roles, please only submit one application and email: email@example.com of your interest in both job opportunities.
Closing date: 23 March 2023.
We will evaluate candidates upon receipt of any applications. Therefore, please apply without delay.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert