Health & Safety Manager
Do you want to join an impressive, fast paced FMCG manufacturing company as their site Health & Safety Manager?
Are you a passionate, engaging, and proactive Health & Safety Professional? Looking to develop and improve the safety culture, where everyone is accountable for H&S?
If so this is the job for you!
HSE Recruitment Network are currently representing this particular FMCG Manufacturing organisation, who are seeking a strong Health & Safety Manager to manage a large site with over 650 staff.
Role: Health & Safety Manager
Reporting to the site General Manager
Salary : £55,000 to £60,000
Seeking a strong professional who will be passionate and engaging in their approach. Able to lead with gravitas, manage change, develop procedures and deliver an effective and positive culture through a behavioural change programme.
• Devise and implement site H&S strategies (in line with the overall company strategy) to enable the delivery of a proactive H&S culture across the entire site, through the behaviour of its people.
• Manage and lead a H&S Advisor to ensure effective performance.
• Ensure all Health & Safety meets legal requirements, policies, standards, procedures are interpreted, communicated, documented and systems exist to ensure the Business Unit is compliant with current legislation and company policies.
• Develop, implement, maintain, communicate and continuously improve the Health & Safety management system for the site, ensuring that all relevant paperwork and reports are completed and issued to relevant stakeholders as required.
• Design, implement, monitor and report site H&S performance, analyse trends and develop actions plans to deliver site targets.
• Identification and coordination of H&S training and development for managers, enabling effective management, in every respect and ensuring that key personnel involved in Health & Safety activities are competent to fulfil their responsibilities.
• Promote and drive a culture of continuous improvement of Health & Safety best practice through the effective engagement of the workforce.
• Ensure all incidents are investigated, recorded and reported, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents. Notification of incidents to enforcement authorities as required.
• Monitor site risk assessment process and provide assistance / advice to site assessors to ensure site risk assessments / safe systems of work are maintained and meet regulatory requirements.
Essential Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
• Significant experience in a senior Health & Safety role ideally from a manufacturing background
• Proven to support and improve cultural and behavioural change
• Change management experience
Ideal Personality Traits:-
• Self-motivated and engaging with gravitas
• Strategic and Hands on
• Adaptive thinker
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
• Strong coach and mentor
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.