Health and Safety Advisor
St Albans | £30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
We have been engaged by one of the UK's largest retailers to recruit a new Health and Safety Advisor. The business is rapidly growing its portfolio and has a large network of properties spread across the whole of the United Kingdom. The role reports into the Health and Safety Manager and will have broad exposure to a variety of Health and Safety projects and initiatives.
The company is going from strength to strength and this position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and develop their career and responsibilities within the Health and safety team.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Working with the wider Health and Safety team, ensuring management systems and accreditations are successfully maintained throughout the business
- Occasional site visits, auditing health and safety performance and accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Engaging with senior professionals within the business and dealing with any Health and safety queries internally.
- Involved in the development and delivery of health and safety training to employees across the business
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH Certificate/equivalent qualification (Desirable)
- Experience operating in fast paced, multi-site environments and prioritising effectively
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to work independently or as part of a team is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your health and safety career within a reputable and growing organisation. The position will include travel; a valid UK driver's license is essential. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Kirstie Putman on 01923 432 635 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.