Health and Safety Associate – Contractor
UK Wide Covering South/Central and North England
£ Very competitive
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Help Markel in promoting Health and Safety standards including through advise change and improvements across a range of commercial and principally care organisations such as children’s homes, care homes, older care homes, residential units, mental health practices, learning disability services, nurseries and schools.
The role of the Markel Care Health and Safety Associate is based within the Markel Care Practitioners who are a health and social care consultancy; providing tailored, specialist support to our policyholders reporting directly to our Practice Manager to support our advices both internally to Markel and to its customers externally.
What you’ll be doing:
- Advising on safe operational practices necessary to minimize risk of workplace accidents.
- Conducting risk assessments and site inspections to identify work areas that pose concern and threats to life and property.
- Carrying out investigations on incidents, complaints, and recurrent health and safety compliance concerns to identify and provide solutions to workplace situations.
- Advising and developing health and safety policies/strategies necessary for optimized work processes
- Preparing reports useful in taking strategic and operational safety decisions.
What we’re looking for:
- A reliable point of expertise and advices who maintains an up-to-date knowledge of new HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) legislation as well as other developments that can impact
- Qualified/Experienced Health and Safety professional able to make recommendations on property and operations concerning environmental and fire safety regulations
- Registered with a Professional Standards Body
- A recognised H&S qualification.
- Experience delivering training and support.
- No objection to being able to travel around the region, or visiting clients on site.
About Markel Care Practitioners:
Markel UK is a specialist insurance company combined with unique support services for contractors, consultants, professionals, charities and community groups. Our specialist insurance cover has been created by Markel's team of care and charity experts to protect the risks faced by Providers and practitioners within the industry.
Markel Care Practitioners are a health and social care consultancy, providing tailored, specialist support to our policyholders. We have a proven track record of introducing effective and integrated tailored solutions whether as part of an improvement journey, managing risk, responding to incidents or providing training, advice or professional support.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic.
Markel celebrates the value of a diverse workforce, which includes service provision from independent consultants and which brings experience and expertise from a wide variety of backgrounds and life circumstances. Whatever your background, if you feel you meet the requirements of this consultancy opportunity then we want to hear from you.