Senior Risk Advisor – South West
Location: South West with travel
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent
What we need, in a nutshell
We’re on the lookout for a health and safety guru that will ensure all our Health and safety policies and procedures are regularly reviewed, updated, communicated, and most importantly adhered to, so that our guests, colleagues and any suppliers or contractors that visit us are as safe as they possibly can be.
Who are we?
We are a dynamic and growing company, shaking up the Great British holiday. At our amazing 27 UK parks and resorts, we pull out all the stops and add the bells and whistles to give our guests the holiday of a lifetime. Find out more about our holiday experience on our website: http://www.awayresorts.co.uk.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Facilities Management, you will effectively communicate and drive the health and safety agenda across your region, through;
- Completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensuring all accidents are documented, investigated, and recommended improvements implemented.
- Carrying out audits, risk assessments and reviewing fire evacuation procedures.
- Ensuring any lone working is managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Maintaining full and accurate health and safety training records.
- Establishing a structured programme of health and safety training throughout Away Resorts, delivering health and safety training as required to include risk assessment, normal operating procedures and Emergency action plan training, incident crisis, fire marshall, COSHH, etc.
- Keeping up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety and welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Providing regular reports to the Head of Risk and Facilities Management on relevant health and safety compliance across the parks.
- Participating in monthly meetings and company conferences when required to report/update on relevant health and safety matters.
- Ensuring Day to Day compliance across the parks using Prime Health and safety system
- Building and supporting the competency of your other colleagues in risk management.
- Working as part of a team to cover other regions/parks where required and be part of the health and safety duty rota.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
If you can match the skills, experience and qualities listed below, we’d love to hear from you:
- Member of IOSH
- Previous experience of working with Prime compliance
- Professional qualification in Health and Safety (e.g. Masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBOSH national diploma)
- Previous experience of handling health and safety investigations, writing risk assessments etc.
- Experience of formulating, implementing, and revising Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Experience of auditing and training out of procedures
It’s the icing on the cake if you come from the hospitality and leisure industry and have worked within a similar sized organisation in a period of high growth and transformation.
We have a can-do, people-centred ethos at Away Resorts, and we look for certain qualities in our team members. Have a read about it and see if you fit the bill.
What we can offer you
This is a chance to use and stretch your administrative skills and build your career in one of the fastest growing and most exciting holiday companies in the UK. Additional benefits include:
- Great discounts on holidays with us for you, friends and family
- Hybrid working
- Bonus Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- On Park Discounts
- Awards and Recognition
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.
Our Promise to You
Holiday Heroes come with all sorts of different super-powers, and we welcome them all!
We embrace diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities. From our investors to our teams, we love that everyone comes from different backgrounds, allowing us to grow and inspire each other. We’ll never accept any form of discrimination, and we’ll forever strive not just for our product to be unique but our people too. After all, wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same? In short, we want you to bring your whole self to work!