Senior Health and Safety Manager (Client-Side Construction)
Bedford (Home based with site travel)
£65,000 + Excellent benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Manager to work on one of the UKs largest ongoing infrastructure projects. This role will work closely with Highways focusing across of organisation's major framework projects. As such, any experience with Highways or Highways England would be beneficial.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging key internal and external stakeholders ensuring the vision for health and safety is communicated and implemented through the supply chain
- Providing technical support to key decision makers and influencing the projects to ensure health and safety is at the forefront of decision making particularly at the design phase
- Managing and supporting the wider team in the delivery of the health and safety strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
- Visiting sites, auditing projects and working teams identify and drive improvements
The successful Senior Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a senior health and safety role, driving change across large organisations, ideally from a client-side role or Principal Contractor
- Experience on large infrastructure projects such as rail, highways or utilities
- NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and hold or working towards Chartered Membership of IOSH
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, from site level to the boardroom
For further information contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690 or apply here. Job Ref: 1946
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.