Corporate H&S Advisor with a West London based local authority.
Your new company
Your new company is a local authority based in West London.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Health & Safety, you will provide support to council services and monitor compliance through audits and inspections. Key objectives of the role are:
- To ensure that the Council remains compliant with health and safety legislation and requirements.
- To audit and inspect service units / council teams to monitor and highlight area of non-compliance or unsafe working practices. To work with managers and staff following audits to rectify issues highlighted.
- To be customer focused and influential in the development of a positive safety culture.
- To advise on the interpretation, application and enforcement of relevant health, safety and fire safety legislation, best practice and industry guidance.
- To be a key member of the Corporate Health and Safety team delivering efficient and effective health and safety services including, where applicable, to the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
What you'll need to succeed
The candidate for this role will have experience in a similar role, ideally within a local authority, and will have a relevant health and safety qualification such as a NEBOSH certificate or equivalent.
What you'll get in return
In return you will work within a dedicated and passionate team, and receive a competitive rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.