Health and Safety Manager, London, Circa £65,000 + Car or Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile specialist contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join the team. The client works with a large number of Tier 1 Principal Contractors within London and The South East and has an exemplary safety record. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety and professional who is looking to develop their career further with a leader in the industry.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging across the sites, implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation through mentoring and coaching
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or related industry and familiar with RC Frames and Ground Works
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate, NEBOSH Construction and ideally working towards Diploma and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
This role would suit an ambitious health and safety professional looking to further grow and develop their career. A UK Driver's license is essential. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Andy Harris on 01923 432 634 or (Job ref: AH1936)
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.