Lead Biological Safety Specialist
Francis Crick Institute | London
Salary: £73,000 plus Excellent Benefits
We are delighted to be exclusively partnering with The Francis Crick Institute to find a Lead Biological Safety Specialist to join their operational safety team. This position will play a leading role in developing a positive and proactive health and safety culture across the organisation.
The Francis Crick Institute is world renowned for its biomedical research. It is a diverse and complex organisation including scientific, R&D and laboratory environments, and health and safety is a top priority. The successful candidate will join a well-established team of technical professionals operating across various specialisms. This role will lead a small team of technical professionals.
Responsibilities for the Lead Biological Safety Specialist will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Oversee the safe handling of biological materials and advise on any required safety improvements
- Cover the compliance in relation to biological risks whilst managing the operation of containment facility levels two, three and four
- Providing health and safety support across the Institution, particularly within the research departments
The successful Lead Biological Safety Specialist will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Biological Safety role, ideally from within scientific research, universities, containment facilities, or similar environment
- Bioscience or biology background
- An undergraduate degree and/or NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) desired
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional looking to progress their career further in a successful leading organisation. Please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.