The National Museum’s vision is to be the world’s most inspiring Naval Museum: inspiring learning, enjoyment, and engagement with the story of the Royal Navy and its impact in shaping the modern world. We want to ensure our museums are great places to work and visit, and this new role plays a key part in supporting that, ensuring our unique collection and spaces are safe and accessible.
An opportunity has arisen to join NMRN’s Health and Safety Team, in the position of Health and Safety Advisor. Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety, the role will include a varied set of responsibilities which will help make the business a safe place for our employees to work and our guests to visit. Tasks involved in the role will include;
- supporting departments with risk assessments
- leading on a number of health and safety topics
- design, coordination and delivery of central health and safety training
- carrying out site inspections
- producing internal guidance and training materials
- Internal health and safety communications, including promotion of the health and safety strategy.
This will be a highly varied role, supporting colleagues across several sites. This position requires the individual to be able to work in an ever-changing environment. Multi-tasking, sound decision making, attention to detail, self-motivation and discretion are essential. The role may include occasional weekend working.
You will work in a key role that is integral to building and maintaining an effective and responsive health and safety function.
There is a flexible working culture at the museum and we offer hybrid working where you will enjoy a mix of working from home and at our amazing sites.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to carry out administrative and report writing tasks. You will enjoy working in a visitor-focused environment. You will be able to organise your own time and be able to professionally and cheerfully support a range of colleagues on health and safety matters.
You will have a relevant Health and Safety qualification and have previous experience working in a health and safety role.
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and diverse workplace within a unique heritage environment.
- Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit).
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) after 5 years' service.
- Occupational sick pay. Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental and paternity pay.
- Flexible working.
- Free parking.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Digital mental wellbeing resource for you and a 'plus one'. Free admission to other National Museums and attractions within the reciprocal agreement.
- Discounts at our shops and cafes. Free and discounted tickets for family and friends.
For further details, or to arrange an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Rob Hudgell, Head of Health and Safety; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are asked to apply via our jobs page linked above no later than midnight, Sunday 4 December 2022. Interviews will be held in Portsmouth 14 and 15 December 2022.
The Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted our responsibility to ensure appropriate safety measures are in place, and we would like to assure you that these are reviewed on a regular basis as the safety of our staff and visitors is of utmost importance to us.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to the application process because of a disability, please contact the HR team on email@example.com for support.