Health and Safety Advisor
Wandsworth | £30,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton are working with a major Principal Contractor to recruit a site-based Health and Safety Advisor to contribute towards a positive health and safety culture on a high-rise residential construction project in Wandsworth. This position will see the successful candidate join an existing team of two.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and motivated health and safety professional early on in their career, looking to develop and grow with a leader in the construction industry.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Working with a team to develop and implement innovative ideas to improve health and safety performance.
- Assisting with health and safety and engaging across the site, implementing health and safety policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Assisting in conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required.
- Contributing towards undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement, and reporting on the findings.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or a related industry.
- Minimum of NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally membership of IOSH.
- Good communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders.
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to learn, develop and grow in the role.
An excellent opportunity to work with a leading construction company working on a high-profile project in the area. If you have the required experience, please contact Kristian Gribble or 01923 432 690. Job reference: KG1927.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.