Health and Safety Consultant (Team Leader)
: £45,000 - £55,000 Location:
Bristol (Or commutable locations) Purpose for the role of Health and Safety Consultant:
The successful applicant will provide competent risk management and compliance support and advice to the property management division across all portfolios. The primary role is to complete an allocated programme of risk assessments and compliance documentation in a timely and efficient manner in line with agreed KPIs as detailed by the Head of Health & Safety Consultancy. This includes operational risk audits, health and safety risk assessments, environmental compliance audits, fire risk assessments, equality act audits and site emergency plans. Key responsibilities for the role of Health and Safety Consultant:
- Act as immediate line manager to a small team of Health & Safety Consultants, and deputise for the Head of Health & Safety Consultancy when absent.
- Ensure own work and that of direct reports, meets key performance indicators (KPI’s) with regards to scheduling visits, completion of reports, report quality and turnaround etc.
- Identifying and capitalising on new fee opportunities.
· Ownership of customer service for internal and external client stakeholders.· Liaising between other stakeholders in Property Management to ensure of a joined up approach with other fee earning teams and assist in strategy for continuous improvement.· Provide regular and consistent reporting to the Head of Health & Safety Consultancy.
- Develop pro-active initiatives above and beyond best practice to assist in achieving the companies best in class status.
· Development of training material and delivery to the business to complement the companies Safety+ and Pathways functions.· Any other duties that from time to time may be requested of you to satisfy the role Key requirements for the role of Health and Safety Consultant:
- Over 6 years experience of carrying out Health and Safety and Fire Risk Assessments, preferably in the Property Management or Facilities Management sectors
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (compulsory)
- Recognised qualification in Fire Risk Assessment (compulsory) and 3rd party accredation / registration on a fire risk assessor register (desirable)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent, or working towards (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of health and safety legislation and standards.
- Experience in auditing against ISO management standards (desirable)
- Excellent communication, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strategic, analytical and tactical skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to programme and organise inspections against a set schedule and manage time effectively to ensure reports are written in a timely manner.
- Hold a full driving license and have access to a car
- Ability to take on delegated authority and act independently
- IT literate – knowledge of compliance systems, report writing
- Recognised qualifications and membership of appropriate professional bodies (e.g. IOSH).
For further information on this role, please contact Nathan turley on Nathan.Turley@hserecruitment.co.uk