HSE Recruitment are currently working with a major manufacturing company on the recruitment of a Safety, Health and Environmental Advisor to be based at their Hereford site.
This business has grown this year and are committing to heavy investment on the site. They are transforming the leadership team and adding extra resource to the SHE team, which is why this role has been created. Safety is the number one priority, and this message is coming from the top. We just need an experienced and enthusiastic SHE professional who can bring another level of safety expertise to the site and be part of its culture change journey.
As the SHE Advisor you will work closely with the shop floor on day to day health and safety risks, policies and procedures, working alongside another Advisor and a SHE Director. As such they do need you on site every day. You will need to be very hands on and engaging in your approach and comfortable in an operational setting. You will be a good communicator, with the ability to talk to and engage with senior management, as well as creating a culture of trust and communication at shop floor and middle management level. You will understand production priorities and pressures and will be able to work collaboratively with staff to ensure that Safety remains a priority even in times of pressure.
• Monitor implementation of health and safety risk controls and report Key Performance Indicators, providing clear standards, measures and governance on HS&E
• Assisting the Environmental Manager in improving environmental performance, liaising with management and staff providing guidance and advising on Health & Safety matters as required
• Auditing of operational requirements against EHS management systems and procedures
• Supporting & assisting Process Risk Assessments, Safe working Procedures and advising on improvements
• Ensure compliance with Corporate, Company and Legislative requirements and provide advice
• Provide pro-active support in the implementation of the Company Health & Safety policies and procedures as well as corporate initiatives and industry best practice
• Conduct accident investigations and reporting should any accident, adverse event occurs
• Train and guide staff on new H&S working methods, Policies, Procedures and Working Instructions.
• Identify opportunities to continuously improve health and safety performance and support with developing and implementing those opportunities.
• Engage staff of all levels in making health and safety improvements, demonstrating enthusiasm and modelling positive safety behaviours.
• Support on site targets, Goals and Strategy for site HS&E compliance and continuous improvement
• Support Implementation of HSE Projects across site
What we are looking for:
• An experienced SHE Advisor, Officer or Coordinator with experience in a heavy engineering or manufacturing background
• NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum
• Someone who is a good communicator, hands on, visible and who is comfortable engaging on the shop floor
• Results driven and someone who can be assertive and push back when needed to help improve the H&S Culture
For this role the salary is between £40-47,000 dependant on experience.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org