Head of Health & Safety Operations | London | Education | Estates and Facilities | Permanent Full-Time
Your new company
Your new company is well-known within the Education sector in London where they provide education and training to internal and external stakeholders.
Your new role
As a Head of Health & Safety Operations you will be reporting into the Director of Estates and Facilities. You will manage and deliver the Health & Safety Management System and ensure the business complies with all current Health & Safety legislation, guidance and standards. You will also provide operational leadership and support for all departments on regulatory Health & safety compliance issues. In addition to pro-actively manage the monitoring and auditing to ensure that relevant staff are implementing departmental risk assessments, safety inspections, audits, and development of relevant procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to hold a NEBOSH General Certificate/Diploma and ideally a Chartered Membership.
- Leadership/managerial experience within the Health, Safety & Environmental function, with substantial experience in the management of health and safety and the provision of health and safety advice and guidance, in a practical environment.
- The ability to analyse / interpret safety legislation and develop workable solutions to situations as they arise.
- The nature of this post means that the post holder may need to travel from time to time to sites
- The post holder will be contracted to work for a defined number of hours per week but it is a requirement of this post that the holder will flex these hours to reasonably meet the needs of the service, which may include working occasional evening and weekends.
- This post falls within the scope of the regulations requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS check).
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Salary Negotiable depending on experience, company benefits including pension scheme, cycle scheme, travel scheme etc.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.