H&S Consultant role with a UK top 20 multidisciplinary!
Your new company
As a UK top 20 multidiscipline property and construction consultancy, their reputation is built around delivering scale and expertise with a personal touch. As an employer, their culture is shared and their teams' brilliant minds often think alike. That said, they also respect and support everyone as a wonderfully diverse bunch of individuals. Everything they do is guided by their values: Quality and reliability, Proactive and creative, Agile and flexible and Entrepreneurial and dynamic.
Your new role
As a specialist Health & Safety Consultant / CDM Principal Designer based at our multi-disciplinary consultancy office, you will provide clients with strategic advice on developing and implementing their health and safety policy along with structured and comprehensive risk management systems at any stage of a construction project or infrastructure project. Working as part of a small growing team you will be involved in construction projects that cover sectors such as Hotels, Housing, Offices, Retail, Health and Education.
- Undertaking the role of principle designer
- Responsibility for managing your own projects
- Providing CDM advice and support to Client Teams, advising clearly of their CDM Duties and assisting with development of CDM strategy for projects
- Attending and co-ordinating Design & Project Meetings as required throughout projects
- Visiting project sites prior to construction to carry out initial risk appraisals and during construction to review arrangements (as required)
- Preparing, co-ordinating and distributing relevant pre-construction Health & Safety Information to other design & project team members, using company format where required
- Issuing F10 notifications
- Reviewing Construction Phase Plans, demolition & lifting plans etc
- Undertaking site H&S reviews and producing reports for Clients
- Collation and production of Health & Safety Files
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience delivering CDM Principal Designer and H&S services on Construction Projects in a Client facing role
- NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate is essential
- Membership of IOSH and/or the Association of Project Safety desirable
- Experience in undertaking site safety inspections.
The successful candidate will be a confident communicator at all levels and will be able to build and maintain successful Client relationships. They will also be IT proficient with excellent presentation and time management skills.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Personally, working for this company means you will receive excellent benefits including private healthcare, company car allowance, a generous company pension scheme, income protection insurance and 25 days of holiday a year (increasing with years' service). Ultimately work-life balance is important to everyone and they work hard to enable this.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.