HSE Recruitment have been engaged by a specialist UK Logistics business to recruit a Transport DGSA and Health and Safety Manager. This role will oversee transport safety at 3 main locations in Oldham, Wednesbury, and Hatfield but may support other depots UK wide. As well as driving H&S excellence across transport you will play an active role in facilitating client engagement and to support the sales and operational teams in dangerous goods across the UK, this is a full-time permanent role.
This Transport DGSA and Health & Safety Manager will be a home-based role that requires travel required and an expectation for overnight stays.
- Managing the health and safety function and relationship between the Operational team and its delivery Partners/drivers to ensure delivery of objectives
- Work closely with the commercial teams, supporting them and in identifying areas to improve current Dangerous goods standards.
- Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across all operations sites.
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated areas of responsibility including on-road safety.
- Audit Road Safety Compliance and management, continuously driving the improvement of standards where appropriate.
- Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to processes
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for Road Safety statistics.
- Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
- Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast-paced environment.
- Continuous Improvement Management with partners, as well as the development of SOPs, ensuring requirements, guidelines, and policies are communicated and executed by partners.
- Build strong working relationships with internal peers and partners and maintain and improve communication all parties
- Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance and service
- Systematically escalate problems or deviations from the plan to the responsible people and teams and make sure that the measures taken are implemented
- Ensure that critical business requirements are met, sometimes with different timelines, review completed operations, and ensure compliance with service requirements.
- Develop and implement road safety strategy and the supporting campaigns
Skills and experience required-
- Diploma Level H&S qualification is desired but we will consider NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum, ideally working towards your Diploma.
- Experience overseeing Transport/ Fleet across multi-sites is essential
- Dangerous Goods Advisor (DGSA) or strong experience setting DG standards especially with limited quantities.
- Forward-thinking and confident
- Experience in a similar level role is required
- Extensive experience in risk assessments and hazard spotting.
- Experience in the development and delivery of training.
- Competent IT skills including Web applications, Word and Excel.
- Clean driving license
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + £5,500 car allowance.
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward our details.